Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The plan...

Ok, so I ended the last post stating I had a plan to break up Ben and his new girlfriend. It took me a little searching around, but within a few days, I was able to find the guy Laurie had dated on and off for a few years! Bingo! And, he was friends with a friend of mine...the ball was rolling.

My Dad worked 12 hour shifts, sometimes day, sometimes night. My stepmother had moved out after her and my Dad seperated, so it was just me, my dad and my younger brother living at home. When my Dad worked nights, my brother and I generally had people over. I figured I would set something up to meet Sean that way. One of my friends had been talking to him and kind of hinting around to him that I was interested in meeting him, etc. I remember one night this particular friend showed up at my work all excited about how Sean was going to be at the Wawa at a certain time that night and he wanted to meet me! Oh crap, I wasn't prepared for that!

I went anyway. First of all, let me say, we used to hang out at the Wawa many nights. It was sort of a meeting point before everyone decided what to do. I am aware it may have sounded strange that we were going to be meeting for the first time at a Wawa!

So we pulled in and he wasn't there yet. We got out of the car and waiting, and about 20 minutes later, he showed up. He was wearing a sweatshirt and cut off sweatpants, made into shorts. He had just come from the gym! He was cute, now I just had to get him to think I was cute and then hopefully, my plan would work! We talked for a while, both of us a little nervous. He was definitely shy and it took some prodding to get him to open up a little. We talked a little about Ben and Laurie and how it was a small world that they were dating, and now here we were meeting for the first time. He had NO clue what I was up to!

I invited him to my house that weekend for a party, he accepted my invite. The night of the party came, he was there and we really hit it off. I felt comfortable with him and he gave me butterflies in my stomach! Uh-oh! We spent a lot of time together over the next week and a half, and then word got back to Ben and Laurie about us being together. My plan worked! They split up! I was so excited, or at least I should have been. Fact was, I didn't really care about them anymore, I was very much into Sean. So while Ben and Laurie tried their best to get us back, we stuck together and began a 4 year relationship! Who would have thought my silly little plan would have turned into a very serious relationship!?

No comments: